• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Translate

Mosquito bite made my boob explode

Wound ... Sarah Hall's breast after insect bite

A WOMAN last night told how a mosquito bite on her boob caused an implant to EXPLODE. Sarah Wall, 36, had two implants fitted in surgery after suffering breast cancer. But her life was turned upside down again when she was bitten in a pub’s beer garden.


She said: “A mosquito nipped me on my boob. I hardly felt it, but the bite grew. Within weeks, it had quadrupled in size. It looked more like a bullet wound. “I later woke up in agony and was rushed to hospital, where doctors prodded the bite. Pus seeped down my side, drenching my shorts. There was a gaping hole. The rest of the fluid was drained the next day. “Doctors got an entire pint of poison out of the mosquito bite.”

Experts told Sarah, of Harborne, Birmingham, that the implant exploded after the bite caused an infection in the tissue around it. This caused the silicone to degenerate and eventually it ruptured. Product development manager Sarah said the implants had changed her life after cancer.

 Danger ... mosquito Alamy

“After the cancer I felt so unattractive. Looking down and seeing nothing on my chest was horrendous. But the light at the end of the tunnel was having my breasts rebuilt.” After the mosquito attack Sarah’s left breast had to be rebuilt again.

Ordeal ... sting caused Sarah Wall hell

She said: “I was a mess. I had an F-cup on one side and nothing on the other.” Sarah had another reconstructive operation — and her breast was finally restored. She said: “The ops have left me with terrible scarring but I finally have a matching set of boobs. And it feels great.” - the sun uk